Half-way through 2010 that is. (Well, we’re more than half-way technically, but it didn’t occur to me to write this post until today so there you have it.) I think it is time for a mid-year review of sorts to consider how I’m doing on my goals thus far and what I can do to step it up in the last few months before 2011 comes crashing into our lives. (Side bar: Remember when the year 2000 sounded so weird? Now, it’s going to be 2011. Totally whack.)
1) Read 24 books: Year-to-date I’ve read 18 and I have four in my night stand that I have started and need to finish. I think I am more than on track to conquer this one, but I have definitely slowed down in the last two months so I need to get back to the books. You can see what I’ve been reading here.
2) Join a lifegroup: Check. I started attending my lifegroup (i.e. bible study/small group) in March. So far I really like it. We did a study over the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan and have done a few social activities. I definitely think it has been a good thing for me to do.
3) Savings: Well, my savings aren’t up to par (surprise, surprise) BUT my credit score is up 70 points! Whoop whoop! I had a couple of retail cards that I got paid off and that is definitely a good thing. And I was inspired by the new goals feature on mint.com which helped me renew my energy about working on my savings goals.
4) Lose weight: Um, didn’t happen, yet. Things have been weird/stressful this spring, but I know, excuses are worthless. My mom and I have a new (it’s actually something we’ve done before but we’re getting back on it) game plan though and I am excited and ready to make some serious progress. I also was peer pressured (cough, Geoffersonspin, cough) into signing up for the Oklahoma MS 150 Bike Ride in September so I have a new training goal, which always keeps me on track. And if you really want to help motivate me, you can donate to sponsor me in the ride! (Shameless plug? Heck yes.)
5) Join one charity organization: This hasn’t happened yet. However, my Lifegroup does volunteer monthly at a children’s home so I think that counts. And I am contemplating (between now and July 31st) joining the Junior League which does lots of local charitable activities. Or so I’m told.
Other Good 2010 Stuff (Because it is important for me to remind myself that I am in fact having a good year.)
1) I purchased my very first piece of furniture. It made me feel so adult. It also made me feel like I should get renters’ insurance. Not because the chair would necessarily be covered, but because that’s what you do to protect your stuff.
2) I finished the OKC Memorial Half-Marathon. It did not go according to plan, but I did it and that’s what matters to me.
3) I am currently serving as an officer for the local alumnae chapter of my sorority. So far it has been really fun — I’ve met a lot of new people and I’m enjoying my attempt to re-live the college dream. I’ve also been asked to serve on an advisory board for the chapter at the University of Tulsa and I’m looking forward to getting involved with that.
4) I co-founded a historical fiction book club with Mrs. Bookworm. Thus far the book selections have been sub-par, but we’re having a good time and growing our group.
5) Miss Agnes and I are planning a ski trip! I haven’t been skiing in years and I cannot wait to go! I hope it’s like riding a bike. If not, it’s going to be a painful experience.
I’d say that 2010 is going pretty well so far. And it has definitely been better than 2009: The Hangover. I’m doing okay on my goals/to-dos so far and I think the ones I have plenty of time to redeem myself on the ones I haven’t worked as hard at yet. I just can’t believe that we are already more than half-way through 2010!
How are your 2010 goals coming? What else do you want to accomplish this year?
PS – Clearly, I was completely link happy in the post. Happy clicking!